General Questions for Apache Kafka Hosting
01. What service do you provide?
- What we provide is a fully managed Apache Kafka-as-a-Service hosting service. Our Apache Kafka hosting environment is built on our self-developed cloud application management platform.
02. What's your Apache Kafka-as-a-Service hosting platform?
- It is our quick evolving Apache Kafka hosting solution. It takes advantage of container and Kubernetes, which is the most popular and dominant container-orchestration system.
03. What does the fully managed Apache Kafka hosting service mean?
- Fully managed Apache Kafka hosting means that all Apache Kafka online databases on our platform are completely managed by us, such as the application deployment, migration, backup, security and upgrade.
04. What functions does your control panel provide?
- Aside from general operations to manage your hosting, our control panel supports administrative functions for Apache Kafka, including FTPS server, monitoring metrics, and Shell / SSH.
05. How do you provide technical support?
- We provide technical support 24/7 via email. Sales department is available 24/7 via live chat and email. Billing department can be approached Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m via email.
06. What is the philosophy behind your managed Apache Kafka hosting service?
- Our philosophy is to provide managed Apache Kafka hosting services with affordable prices to small and medium-sized businesses.
07. How many data centers do you have?
- Currently, we have four data centers located in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver, allowing clients to deploy applications as close to their target audience as possible.
Technical Questions for Apache Kafka Hosting
01. What Kafka version do you support?
- Currently, we support Apache Kafka 2.7.0 only on our Apache Kafka cloud hosting platform.
02. When should I use Apache Kafka?
- Apache Kafka can be used in many popular use cases, including messaging, website activity tracking, stream processing, event sourcing.
03. What user authentication methods do you support in Apache Kafka? Do you support ACL Authorization?
- We support Authentication using SASL/SCRAM. And yes, ACL Authorization is supported.
04. Do you do backups for my Apache Kafka Hosting?
- Yes. Regular automatic backup is included in every Apache Kafka hosting plan on our Kubernetes-powered platform (daily backup for the Advanced plan).
05. Can I take backups manually in your managed Apache Kafka hosting?
- Yes. You can create manual backups in our Apache Kafka hosting control panel and download them.
06. Do you have access limits to my Apache Kafka in the managed Apache Kafka hosting service?
- No. We do not set limits on your access to Apache Kafka.
07. Do you support shared hosting in your Apache Kafka cloud hosting?
- No. Applications on our fully Kubernetes-powered platform are entirely isolated and own dedicated resources.
08. What cloud providers and regions do you support in your Apache Kafka cloud hosting?
- We currently support the private cloud from our four data centers in Dallas, Bend, Charlotte, and Denver. We are building more data centers and will support most of the popular public cloud providers in more regions in the near future.
09. Can I monitor the resource usage on managed Apache Kafka hosting plans?
- Yes, our control panel supports real-time resource usage monitoring. Please refer to this guide article on how you can do it.
Sales Questions for Apache Kafka Hosting
01. Can I try Apache Kafka hosting plans before payment?
- Yes. New clients can enjoy a free trial before payment.
02. What Apache Kafka hosting plan should I start with?
- If you are not sure what plan you should start with, you can choose a primitive plan and upgrade to a higher level when necessary. Our Apache Kafka hosting plan upgrade is very smooth here. There is almost no downtime during the process.
03. How long does it take to set up my Apache Kafka online?
- The deployment of a Apache Kafka on our platform can be a matter of minutes, even seconds.
04. Do you have a download file and IP that I can test the network speed?
- Yes. You can test our network speed at the Data Centers page.
05. Do you offer any network and server uptime guarantee?
- Yes. We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee for our network and all servers.
06. What is difference between free trial services and paid services?
- In the free-trial period, you will be able to enjoy our paid services for free.
07. How can I continue my service after the free trial?
- If you decide to continue using the service, you need to prepay for the hosting service before the trial is over. We will send you an invoice after you complete your billing information so that you can make the payment upfront. If you need help on this, please refer to the link.
08. How many free trial deployments can I have?
- For each account, three free deployments are allowed at a time during the trial.
09. How can I get my free trial?
- To start a free trial, please go to the Pricing page and click the 'Free Trial' button at the end of your interested plan.
10. Can I end my trial and upgrade to a paid subscription?
- Of course. You can upgrade to the paid subscription at any time during the free trial. Thank you.
Billing Questions for Apache Kafka Hosting
01. What payment methods do you support?
- Currently, we accept PayPal and credit card.
02. How can I get a lower price?
- You can get it by choosing a longer billing cycle. The longer the billing cycle is, the lower the price is.
03. How can I set an automatic payment via PayPal?
- Please refer to the guide article.
04. How can I change billing cycle?
- Please log in to your control panel and navigate to 'My Applications' to update your billing cycle.